Re: news from mldonkey debian package?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:35:09PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Hi Goswin,
>   have you any news regarding the debian package of mldonkey?
>
> I've just read on the debian ML that version 2 is out ...
>
> Do you need some kind of help?
>
> Cheers.
>
> --

Hello,

Hum, in fact, i proposed my self to packed it ( in the BTS ).

The problem was the closed code :
mldonkey programmer don't want to distribute the library regarding the
edonkey protocol.

So without this part of the code it is hard to do.

Antoher point : mldonkey need hacks in the ocaml sources...

I have ( silently ) followed a lot of discussion regarding the closed
code, the inclusion of the patch in ocaml main source...

I will have a look to see if it is now opened ( but i haven't see any
announcement ).

Sylvain LE GALL