Re: Cameleon packages available

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:34:11 +0200
Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

> apt-get -t unstable install ocaml hevea bibtex2html ocaml-ioxml
>
> should do the work, if it does not, please tell us or submit bug
> reports.

Q : what is the "work" to be done ??

> But then, if you insist in running only woody stuff,
Wrong. I'm not insisting on that. I would like to run only (really)
required stuff. This is why I'v choosen Debian a few years ago.

[upgrading to ocaml3.06, leads to libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13)]

> Just be a bit more positive about this issue, and don't start
> complaining just because you don't want to do it the way it will
> work.
Avoiding the real interesting question "how it *should* work" ??
(e.g. installing ioxml without upgrading OCaml 3.04, may be there are
other examples like this one.)

ok, see you again on the BTS...maybe.

BTW : is there any mention in the policy that debian package
dependencies should "stick" to the upstream ones ?

Cheers

--
mailto:georges.mariano@inrets.fr     tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus         fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59