Re: Shall we state on naming (again)?

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 08:57:45PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > Should we really always restrict dependency to one particular
> > upstream version of ocaml? That would be safest, I agree. On the
> > other hand it will prevent a new upstream version of ocaml to go
> > into testing unless all packages compiled into bytecode are
> > ready to go with it.
>
> And remember, if we have to choose between safety and some minor
> inconvenience in the non released archive, what do you think we should
> choose, given what debian stands for ?
>
> And who will have to fix the bug reports we get when things break ?

OK OK I surrender :-) I will change my depencies to rigid dependencies
on the particular ocaml upstream version.

I remember that there were plans for allowing for additional
"uploaders" of packages. That would be helpful for ocaml packages,
since it would allow us to upgrade more easily the packages that
are compiled to bytecode.

-Ralf.