Why MLChat? [Was: Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]]

As said, IMO, this is not a good point, but the joke is funny :)

> And ,more seriously, you do not need a server, this can work on a local
> network. I don't know IRC well but i think it needs a server.

Sure, IRC needs a server and this not.  Then the question is for which
reasons MLChat is better than the standard talk? (Please note that I'm
asking for a question from the _user_ point of view, not from a
developer point of view, and, yes, I know that the talk protocol is
orrible ... I'm working on a talk implementation for an exam)

BTW I'm not against MLChat, but debian is suffering of a bloating
problem regarding the number of packages in the archive, so is probably
better to be sure, before packaging a program, that:
1) the program is usefule and not merely a clone of another program
2) the program is effectly used by someon (I'm happy to know that at
INRIA all people use MLChat, but IIRC INRIA is full of RedHat boxes :-))

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney