Re: [Caml-list] ocaml-doc non-free?

Remi VANICAT <vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

>>   chinon:~$ dpkg -s ocaml-doc
>> Package: ocaml-doc
>>  This package contains documentation for Objective Caml
>>  in html, info, dvi, pdf, ps and plain text format as well as
>>  documentation and a tutorial for Camlp4 in html, dvi and ps format.
>
> well the control file say :
>
> Source: ocaml-doc
> Section: non-free/doc
> Maintainer: Vanicat Rémi <vanicat@debian.org>
> Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>> 3.0.0)
> Standards-Version: 3.5.2
>
> Package: ocaml-doc
> Architecture: all
> Suggests: ocaml
>  This package contains documentation for Objective Caml
>  in html, info, dvi, pdf, ps and plain text format as well as
>  documentation and a tutorial for Camlp4 in html, dvi and ps format.
>
> So, I don't understand ...

Well, I dicovered ocaml-doc listed in main's overrides and
non-free's overrides as well.

See ftp.fr.debian.org:/debian/indices/override.sid.non-free.gz
    ftp.fr.debian.org:/debian/indices/override.sid.main.gz

The principle of overrides is overriding the control file, when
ftp-master do not agree with some parts of the control file.

I suspect something broken.

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org