Re: [Caml-list] ocaml-doc non-free?

> I see. While it's their freedom to do so (I don't want to question
> that), it's a little bit strange that Inria developers choose to keep
> the ocaml-doc separate from the distribution and not release the source
> of the ocaml-doc.

One day, Xavier told me that, if I remember well, they don't release the source
of the ocaml doc because they don't want someone to copy it and change it for
its own compiler, based on OCaml (like moscow ml for example).

> I guess it's useful to the user upgrading if a diff between the present
> and the last version of ocaml-doc can be provided.

I-don't-remember-who did it between releases 3.00 -> 3.01 -> 3.02
but not for 3.04 since we started to use ocamldoc and so there
were too many changes, i guess.

--
Maxence