Re: ocaml 3.06-13, the libdir transition and the new ocaml packaging policy.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 10:45:20PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 10:41:16PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hello everyone ...
>
> One more thing i wanted to say.

Well, it seems that we have to rebuild also the bytecode executables, at
least the ones built without the -custom flag.

In truth, it is not really necessary to rebuild them, it just is a
dependency problem, since they will run perfectly, but think they need
ocaml-base-3.06, while ocaml-base-3.06-1 is ok also.

For the next time we do such a translation, we need to find a better
solution for this. Maybe have ocaml-base provide two virtual packages,
one for the libraries and another for the virtual machine or something
such.

But then, maybe we will not be changing this kind of thing often, so it
may be ok to keep things as we have and to rebuild the bytecode packages
changing just the virtual dependency.