Re: status update of ocaml 3.06 testing transition.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:21:38AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello, ...
>
> Current situation of the ocaml 3.06 testing migration is :
>
>   o ocaml 3.06-7 is out of date on arm and mipsel.

  => 3.06-11 is now built on all arches.

>   o postgreSQL has still an open Grave bug on sparc :
>
>     #165060: postgresql: int8 value out of range on sparc

  => This was fixed by 7.2.3-2 yesterday.

  Now, postgresql needs to be built on all arches, and wait for 2 days
  at it has priority high. This means that monday ocaml 3.06 could move
  into testing, it will be a bit later though for all autobuilders to
  catch up.

>   o wlex is out of date on arm, pxp is out of date on mipsel and s390.

  => Both of these packages have been built for all arches, and have
  waited for enough days, and are thus ready to enter testing.

> Unless there is another issue i did miss naturally.

Did not check for another issue.

> I thus think we should have a mini-freeze this next week, at least for
> stuff that is already in testing, and if all goes well, ocaml 3.06 will
> enter testing next sunday or the monday after it.

Well, i was almost right on this schedule. Now let's just wait for the
autobuilders.

Once that is done, i will prepare a ocaml with moved libdir, bump the
virtual dependency, and you can all rebuild with it.

I much prefer 3.06.1 as dependency, but this could also be 3.06+1 or
3.06a or some other scheme. I don't think it is really astute that we
use 3.06-11 for this, altough if you all think it is best, i will do it.