Re: ocaml 3.06 + mlgtk + lablgl

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 11:25:59AM +0200, Maxence Guesdon wrote:

> > 3.06 failed to build on alpha due to an out of memory message when
> > running the ocamldoc sh script. i hope this is only a problem with the
> > alpha box, and not a problem with ocaml, i will try to build it manually
> > nextly.
>
> The only launch of ocamldoc during compilation occurs to create
> stdlib man pages, at the end of the 'make world'. You could remove
> the reference to manpages in the "all" target, and remove this line
>  $(CP) stdlib_man/* $(INSTALL_MANODIR)
> in the "install" target.

BTW, is it ok to have the .o man extensions, lintian complains a lot
about all those.

> The Out_of_memory is still strange, but i will ask more information
> in the caml-list tomorrow (how much ram, try to add the -v option to
> ocamldoc to get progress information by verbose mode).

Well, in my guess, the most probable thing is that there may not be free
mem available on the alpha box or something such, even on my box, the
build process uses a lot of time in this shell script, so this may be
the problem, i don't know.

You can look at the build log by following :

http://buildd.debian.org/bymaint.php?maint=Sven%20Luther%20%3Cluther%40debian.org%3E%20

and hitting the ocaml line and alpha column and following the link
there.