Re: ocamlopt issue

Ralf Treinen <treinen@club-internet.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 10:09:29PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>
> Salut,

Hi Ralf,

>>   Ocamlsdl needs ocamlopt and it seems that ocamlopt is not
>>   provided by all architectures (not suprisingly).
>>
>>   So what is the best way to handle this? Should I specify
>>   all the architecture providing ocamlopt in the Architecture:
>>   field?
>
> Aren't these exactly the same architectures than those that have the
> ocaml-native-compilers package? In this case a build-depends on
> ocaml-native-compilers might do the trick, though it is not exactly
> in the sense of policy.

  Well, I don't need native compilers to build the package, so
  build-depending on such a package may not help at all.
  Furthermore, I don't know how autobuilders behave when some
  dependencies are unmet: is the package not considered for
  the given architecture or is it considered as a failure?

  BTW, native compilers run on:

  ocaml-native-compilers | 3.04-13 | unstable | alpha, arm, i386, powerpc

  I've seen many more supported architectures in ocaml CVS (ia64, parisc),
  where have they gone ?

  Regards,

--
Jérôme Marant