Re: splitting ocaml-native-compilers

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:35:56AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>

> > > "ocaml.opt" ? ( I just checked - periods are allowed in package names).
> >
> > Mmm, yes, this may be a good name also.
> >
> > I was not particularly imaginative at that time.
>
>   The period does not make a very pretty name. (I love dashes).
>   Why not also ocaml-opt-compilers or simply ocaml-opt ?

I would prefer the dash form also, but then, is ocaml-opt informative enough ?

opt stands for optimized and not for optional though, isn't it ?

Still notice that the native code compilers suffer a bigger load time, at
least it was so some time ago, so the files need to be real big for the
advantage to be noticed, so it is not a plain 'optimization'..`