Re: Problem with gramlib.cmxa

Sven disait :

> mmm, will this package also build correctly on architecture that don't compile

I guess yes.

> thenative code compiler, like m68K ? If not, this is a serious or even release
> critical bug which will promptly be submitted against your package by the
> corresponding auto builders.
>
> That said, it is normally just necessary to check for the existance of the
> ocamlopt compiler, like it is done in other existing packages, mlgtk having
> been the first where i implemented this. I suppose you did it already so, not
> having seen the patch, but wanted to write this just to make sure you did.

The patch just activates the test. It uncomments the last of these lines to
debian.rules :

	./configure
	$(MAKE) world
	 if [ -f /usr/bin/ocamlopt ] ; then $(MAKE) opt ; fi

(the if line was already there, but commented)

If ocamlopt is found, then "make opt", otherwise do only the "make world".

Looks to me like it will compile on m68k...

I'm waiting for news from Fernando Sanchez. I thought he would answer
quickly in the list, so that I don't have to open a bug....but I guess I
will do so, just in case.

As the new package breaks the compilation of other packages, what is the
correct severity of the bug, in your opinion?

--
Christian Perrier
DRIS/SRL Châtillon A-9f05