Re: woody freeze, CDK, ...

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:35:58AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 01:30:17AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> >
> > Sven> We would have a collection of package which are also the ones
> > Sven> contained in the cdk. the task-cdk pseudo package (or whatever
> > Sven> it is called) will depend on all of them, and thus installing it
> > Sven> will install all the packages contained in the cdk.
> >
> > But aren't task packages going away already in woody?  There's a new
> > mechanism for tasks designed by Joey Hess and Anthony Towns, that is
> > orthogonal to/separate from packages.  Look at the devel list for
> > these few past weeks.
>
> Ok, i didn't know that. But we need such a stuff anyway, be it the old
> packages or the new stuff. (and i don't read -devel, sorry, don't have time
> for it). I will wait for the policy freeze, and then look at it.

Unfortunately, I don't know about this new mechanism either. However
I agree with Sven that it is a good idea to provide packages that
match what users know from upstream. That is cdk-task or something
equivalent is a good idea, provided there are no licensing problems
(again I admit my ignorance on this problem).

-Ralf.