Re: ocamlodbc packaging

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> I think only ocamltk and ocamlweb seem in this category.

and camlimages... (well, there is a mix between real OCaml/debian
packages and personal experiments on my disk, camlimages is not a real
package ...
someone interested ??)
[by the way I have something called "ocaml-libplot" too ...]

lib<plot> i.e OCaml bindings for the GNU plot library

> does ocaml-tk and ocaml-web sound better ?
... ocaml-libtk ? ;-)
... ocaml-web ... nice.

> should we rename them ocaml-minidom and ocaml-gtk ?

well, since I'm not a package manager, my opinion is just ... mine
but these suggestions sound good to me...;-)

> and camlp4, and standalone programs using ocaml, like coq or unison.
of course...

> Anyway, i think we should conform to the ocaml-xxx naming scheme for new
> libraries and bindings, letting standalone programs keep their upstream name
Yes !!

> (to avoid confusion) and not mess with existing packages,
> i think package name changes are not a nice thing to do in debian.

What ?? we found something out of Debian technology scope ?? ;-)
I don't believe you..

While we are speaking about important details ;-)
seems to me that one should write OCaml and not Ocaml...???
(in  things like the packages descriptions, man, READMEs...)

Cheers
--
# Georges MARIANO                 tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
# INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus    fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59