Re: Preventing stripping of bytecode executable

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 11:08:33AM +0200, Judicaël Courant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am making a package for the Coq Proof Assistant, written in Caml. The

Err, there is already a package of coq in deban, is that not enough ? please
coordinate with the maintainer if this is not the case.

> binary package contains custom bytecode executable that should not be
> stripped. The current version of lintian complains about this. Did anybody
> already suggest them that scripts beginning with #!..../ocamlrun should
> not be stripped?

Yes, this is a problem, i already told the lintian maintainer about that, but
he don't feels like this is important. Just ignore the lintian warnings, as i
do, anyway yuou know better, isns' t it ?

Another solution is to use a per package lintian override file, but i don't
know how this work, altough i have heard it mentioned here often. If you
manage to get it woerking, please post what you did found out, it could be
helpfull for other poeple also (like me (ducking)).