Re: ocaml-findlib cannot compile on m68k

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 03:16:03PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 12:10:14PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > In your debian/rules file, just do :
> >
> > (example from mlgtk, which was my test package for much of this kind of stuff)
> >
> > build-stamp:
> > 	# Add here commands to compile the package.
> > 	$(MAKE) libs
> > 	if [ -x /usr/bin/ocamlopt ]; then \
> > 		$(MAKE) libs_opt; \
> > 	fi
>
> what do you think about:
>
>   -$(MAKE) libs_opt;

mmm, this will try to build libs_opt, and not exit if an error was
encountered, isn't it ?

This could be a solution, but you have to make sure that the libs_opt target
don't do things ok, and then only break later one. This would cause time lost
building uneeded things (particularly on slower arches). Also youmay have to
do something similar in the install target, depending on the upstream
Makefile.

Anyway, i like my solution better, i feel more sure about it, and also it
looses less time, but what you propose should work also.