Deb scripts idempotency [Was: Re: new packages uploaded ...]

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 02:54:19PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> postinst :
>
>     echo "/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgl" >>/usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf

deb scripts must be idempotent, postinst as above is not. You can add a
test that check if /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgl already esists in ld.conf, in
such a case the new entry is not added.

BTW as already proposed, we can write a simple perl script that add and
remove entry from ld.conf, but where we can put them?
Have we to ask the debhelper guys to include it in new debhelper or we
want to add it to the ocaml package?

Cheers and Merry Crhistmas!

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863