Re: [camlidl

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 10:11:07PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Do you think it would be useful to package camlidl? Licence is
> QPL+LGPL, hence no problem.

I think that is surely useful.

Anyway we have to choice between 1) packaging camlidl as a standalone
package and 2) embed it in the ocaml package.

Valid reason to choice 1) it is not to harden the work of Sven, another
one is that camlidl as a lot of different kind of documentation that can
be split in a package like camlidl-doc (maybe we can do the same if we
choice 2) but is really inelegant ..).

Valid reason to choice 2) is that camlidl per se is very little and
strictly related to the compiler, unlike other libraries or tools.

Definitely I will prefer 1) also splitting camlidl and camlidl-doc (i.e.
html doc in camlidl and ps, pdf doc in camlidl-doc).

Opinions?
Sven, what do you think about embedding camlidl in the ocaml package?

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro