Re: ocaml-tools depends on ocaml-3.01

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 10:59:41AM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:

> PS : does that mean that we can consider 3.00 as "dead"...

There never will be any version of debian stable shipping with 3.01.

potato chiped with the latest 2.0x, and woody will most assuredly chip with
3.01.

Is there a sense to keep older versions around ? I don't think so, i guess the
caml team will be looking at the code, and make any adjustement needed to
revert any changes that make thing slower. I don't think it is worth forking
the ocaml package, so as to keep a 3.00 package around.