ocaml-deb documentation packaging

Hello everyone,

Following what's happening on our Debian/linux boxe*s*, I reach the
following statement which seems rather surprising at the first look.

I think that it would be nice if documentation (I mean manuals, examples,
tutorial and so on) will be (always!) packaged separately ...

Here is the "inference"...

* with in Debian, documentation can (shoud be?| heva to??) be served by a
web server, there are tools for this specific task (dwww, doc-central and
also  an alias for /usr/share/doc)

* if you have to manage several Debian boxes (and this is the general case,
I mean this is what Linux is designed for ...), you certainly do not want
to have the documentation installed several times ...

* so, on your network there is a (at least one)  "file system server" or
something like that, where you can find the "/home" file system. Following
this scheme, there is probably one "Debian Web Server". May be the web
server and /home are on the same server (this is the case for me ;-) but
this doesn't matter... More interesting is the fact  that, as servers these
boxes (generally) don't have X capabilities (and even user direct
connexions)

* Here is the point : I you whant to have (user) documentation on one and
only one linux server box, you can't because documentation is provided in
packages which require X capabilities...

So, I think that documentation should be provided separately... For now,
this is the case (ocaml/ocaml-doc, coq/coq-doc etc) only because the
concerned package are provided wiht huge documentation but I think this is
not the right criteria...

the same proble arises considering users connexions... I want to put
documentation (say hevea's doc) on the server (where users can't connect),
this leads to the installation of the (obviously interactive) hevea's
package !!

What do you think about this ??

PS : by the way, may I suggest that ocaml-debian documentation has to be
registered in the Debian documentation system(s?) [at least doc-central] ??

Friendly.
--
# Georges MARIANO                 tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
# INRETS, 20 rue Elisee Reclus    fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59