Re: Question

On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:32:10 +0200 Marcin Giedz wrote:

> My name is Marcin Giedz. Together with my two colleagues we have
> founded AltVision Group company. Our goals are:
> 1) produce cross-platform software - document workflow, ERP etc...
> based on QT
> 2) bring some new hardware dedicated for Linux
> 3) start "sophisticated" trainings for Linux administrators
> 4) make Debian be more attractive not only for servers but also for
> Desktops.
>
> As we all have grown up on Debian distribution we would like be bring
> this environment as the main basis for our mission. To be sure that
> we are not "another" training facility in Poland we have done some
> researches. The results were far enough and quite predictable: people
> want certificates to prove their knowledge. Hmmmm..... how the hell
> can we provide them such "papers" related to Debian exams???
>
> And this is my question. We now that Debian is Open Community. So
> from commercial point of view there is no "organization" which we can
> make an agreement to become Debian certificated training center. But
> there are people responsible for releases, maintaining and some "top
> team" about Debian project anyway.
>
> IS there any way to contact with someone from this "head"? I tried to
> find some emails but with no success. That's why I thought about
> mailing list. Do you know any emails that I can make further step?

You are not the first to ask this kind of question.

An earlier similar ruling is here:
http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-announce/2004/000068.html

Best place to ask questions is probably at the
debian-legal@lists.debian.org mailinglist.

The "head" of Debian with regard to this is probably the board of SPI
(Software in the Public Interest), as they look after the Debian
trademark, which seems to be the one relevant here.

Hope that helps - and good luck with your business :-)

 - Jonas