http://www.lliurex.net/congresii/val/index.htm

Hello,

I'll be going at the:

	II CONGRÉS PROGRAMARI LLIURE
	COMUNITAT VALENCIANA
	http://www.lliurex.net/congresii/val/index.htm

where I'll talk about how to nicely customise Free Software and Custom
Debian Distribution.

I'll be also kind of representing Debian-NP, at least for telling what's
the status of things.

I'd like to wrap up where we are now.  Last thing I heard was the
excellent simple-css script by Vagrant and the possibility of
Free(k)box[1] to become an official release of Debian-NP.  Did something
happen there?

Then, we're mostly inactive and waiting for some things to happen.

Technically-wise, we're waiting for the release of sarge, and for more
developments in the CDD infrastructure.  Zufus and Vagrant are the only
active developers from our group in that field, right?

Less technically, one of the points of Debian-NP was helping with
finding software and packaging it into Debian.  About finding software,
one interesting even about to happen seems to be "Social Source
Commons", from Aspiration Tech[2].  This is a short description I found:

   Social Source Commons is intended to be a repository of software
   created for use in international development. SSC will collect open
   source software from independent developers and from government aid
   programs which commission this software. SSC will then work to
   identify deficiencies in software available and help mobilize the
   global community of open source developers to write code to fill these
   holes.
              (From: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/home/ethan_zuckerman)

That could address the problem of finding the software, and leave us
Debian-NP mainly working with assisting with the packaging, releasing as
a Custom Debian and exchanging experiences.

Is the picture I have complete enough?  Is there something I left out,
or something which is too much?

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] http://www.freegeek.org/freekbox.php