Re: Hello

Sorry to be repsonding so late; I'm behind on most of my list
mail. I've had a few personal obligations that have kept me tied up
recently. I've finished the biggest and well on my way to slaying the
others and am looking forward ot jumping back in. :)

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:11:33AM -0500, Giovanni Sce wrote:
> - Easy hardware detection

Debian has this.

> * Easy to install and keep updated

Updated you couldn't be better. I'm pretty happy with the current
state of the installer (second release candidate for sarge just went
out) too although certainly there is work to be done to make it even
better.

> - Supported (meaning I can find someone to fix it in Nicaragua)

Always a tough one.

> * Minimal/simple
> - Run on older hardware

Debian will do this but since it's not a one-size-fits all option, it
might not be for you.

> * Easy to configure

This is the closest thing here to a can of worms. This can be
understood a number of ways with different sort of reactions.

> Well, I hope I can contribute to the project with ideas,
> requirements and actually doing some activity, I thought maybe
> before editing wiki pages is it a good idea to post "material" on
> this list.

The wiki is great but as thinge have been pretty quiet around here, a
little mailing list discussion *must* be a good thing. :)

There is also a "debian-np-devel" list on alioth but I'd suggest
ignoring that one until we can get some sort of critical mass again on
this list since there are many more people on this list.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill