Transitioning to Debian - volunteers needed...

It has been requested that the following address:

Privaterra, an ongoing project of Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR) , whose mission it is to provide technology and information security assistance to Human rights NGOs is seeking volunteers to help us upgrade/update our servers.

For about the last year we have been running SuSE 9.0 on it's server. It's provided good functionality, however it has been quite tricky at times to get certain packages to work as needed.

In terms of what needs done - the end goal is to migrate the box.

How, what steps and how it will be done, well - I've setup a wiki (url below) to document to process.

http://debian.privaterra.org

Timeframe - I'm looking at getting the existing machine moved over to debian by mid/late September.

If you are interested and have the time to help - please do send me a private email.

Regards,

Robert Guerra
Managing Director, Privaterra

--