Re: About to ITP Comas - it can make a good addition for Debian-NP

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 09:33:52PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> I took part in developing a conference management system (COMAS)
> during last year, and I think it is almost ready to be included in
> Debian - And I think it can make a nice addition to Debian-NP. Out of
> a very simple search (apt-cache search conference), I found no Debian
> package suitable for organizing conferences - and this one has worked
> pretty well for us for a moderately complex and large conference (over
> 1200 registered attendees, from which around 700 showed up, 150 talk
> proposals, 85 scheduled proposals, 6 simultaneous talks at all
> times...)

Fantastic! From my talks with people who've looked pretty hard for
something like this, I believe you are correct in saying that there
may not be other Free Software project management tools with
comparable features.

Please CC your ITP to this list (if you haven't ITP'ed it yet) and
then post a followup when you close that bug. I think this would be a
great addition and I imagine I'll end up using it myself at some point
in the future.

Regards,
Mako

--