open source + voluntary/charity sector event, september 15th: invitation to participate

dear debian-NP

my name is dan mcquillan, and i work at lasa www.lasa.org.uk/it. i'm getting in touch because i'm organising an event in around open source & the uk voluntary /community sector in early september.

the basic idea is to have an informal & participatory series of discussions, led by people who have actually implemented relevant solutions.  it will be aimed at small to medium sized charities & community groups. there are more details on the wiki at http://www.lasa.org.uk/it/penguin/

we think it would be very valuable to have a representative of debian-NP at the event, which will take place on wednesday september 15th at a london venue. the aims of the event overlap strongly with what your project is trying to achieve, and it would be a good platform for you to talk about your work.

currently we have a near-zero budget for this event :( and it is mainly being organised by the enthusiasm of a core group. however, we would be able to pay travel expenses from within the uk.

please let me know if you think a member of your project would be able to participate.

best wishes
dan mcquillan
[Dr. Dan McQuillan / Senior Consultant / Lasa Information Systems Team]