Re: Introduction and offer of help

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 04:11 pm, Jim Hall wrote:
> Since I do volunteer work at my church, I've found it difficult to pry
> them away from propriatary software because it's often so specialized.
> If you'd like, we could start a collaboration in this area with the
> eventual goal of a subset of apps available to church's special needs.

There is, indeed, a subset of specialized apps that apply to churches
specifically.  Although the InfoCentral database is my primary focus right
now, I continue to brainstorm ideas for other ways to meet church software
needs.  I intend to pack as much modularized functionality into InfoCentral
as possible to avoid excessive application diversity, however some things are
obviously not suited for a web application--graphics, multimedia, etc.

I would be interested to hear what needs you have seen at your own church so
that we can compare notes.  Then, perhaps we can make a checklist and
collaborate on ensuring that those needs are properly met.  Maybe someday
we'll be able to have a 'church-stuff' metapackage.  :-)

Chris Gebhardt