Re: Introduction

John Habermann wrote:

I have been working for The Wilderness Society, a National Environment
group in Australia. We have just recently completed shifting our website
to an open source content management system and as part of this I
undertook an evaluation of a number of open source CMSs. I put this
documentation on the web and have been adding to it as I find useful
things that can be utilised at The Wilderness Society, and get time to
document them. Some things might be useful to other groups. Anyway the
site is www.ngogeeks.com

Thanks, John! I came across your site earlier this year when I was trying to figure out what CMS to use for my organization's web site. I'd found the whole CMS arena somewhat confusing, so I commend the clear descriptions and detail your summary includes.

I've settled on Plone for my organization's site. One thing about Plone that impressed me early on was that it was both simple to install and richly extensible. Plone leverages the powerful platform Zope provides and makes it more friendly at the same time.

Brian

--
Brian Roberg
DiscipleMakers