Conferences in Luxembourg and Tokyo

The Debian Project                                  http://www.debian.org/
Conferences in Luxembourg and Tokyo                       press@debian.org
October 23th, 2001

Two exhibitions and conferences are starting tomorrow.  The Debian
Project will have a presence at all of them.  We are sorry for the
late announcement, though.

We invite all interested people in the respective areas to attend
these events, meet Debian developers and users, exchange GnuPG
fingerprints, discuss various topics on Debian and Free Software, and
otherwise participate in our vibrant community.

   October 24th - 25th      Linuxdays (Luxembourg)
           More info:
           http://www.debian.org/events/2001/1024-linuxdays

	   The aim of the Linuxdays is to promote and support the Open
	   Source & Free Software movement.  This is the first Linux
	   conference in Luxembourg.

	   Oliver Loch will give a talk about Debian GNU/Linux and the
	   Debian project, providing an introduction in the philosophy
	   behind the project and the operating system.

   October 24th - 25th      LinuxWorld Conference & Demo (Tokyo, Japan)
           More info:
           http://www.debian.org/events/2001/1024-linuxworldjp

	   The Debian-JP project will run a booth in the exhibition
	   area.  On October 25th they are holding a Debian Conference
	   in Japan during this event.  This conference is sponsored
	   by OSDN Japan and its goal is to propagate information
	   about Debian in general to people related to Linux.

	   Schedule:
	   http://www.debian.org/events/2001/1024-linuxworldjp-agenda