Debian Project at several conferences and trade fairs

The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
Debian Project at several conferences and trade fairs   press@debian.org
January 26th, 2011              http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20100126

Debian Project at several conferences and trade fairs

The Debian Project is pleased to announce that it will be present at
several events in the coming weeks, ranging from developer oriented
conferences to user oriented trade fairs. As usual, upcoming events are
also listed on our website [1].

  1: http://www.debian.org/events/

Several Debian Developers will be present at the linux.conf.au [2],
including Debian Project Leader Stefano Zacchiroli, who will give a talk
titled "Who the bloody hell cares about Debian?" [3] on this Friday the
28th of January.

  2: http://lca2011.linux.org.au/
  3: http://lca2011.linux.org.au/programme/schedule/view_talk/153?day=None

On the 2nd and 3rd February, Debian will be present with a booth at the
Cloud Expo Europe 2011 [4], in London, United Kingdom.  Our booth will
be part of the ".ORG stand" in Barbican Exhibition Hall 1.

  4: http://www.cloudexpoeurope.com/

On the 5th and 6th February, Debian will be present with a booth at the
Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting (FOSDEM) [5].  While
the final program hasn't been announced, yet, the preview [6] already
lists some Debian related sessions, including an introduction to Debian
GNU/kFreeBSD or the piuparts.debian.org service.  There will also be a
cross distribution development room with Debian participating.

  5: http://www.fosdem.org/
  6: http://www.fosdem.org/2011/preview-program

At the end of February, the Debian project will be present at the
Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) [7], taking place from the 25th
to the 27th in Los Angeles.

  7: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/

>From the 1st to the 5th of March, Debian will again be present at the
CeBIT in Hanover, Germany.  Thanks to the support of Univention [8] and
the Deutsche Messe AG, Debian will again be co-exhibitor at the booth of
Univention in Hall 2, Stand B26.

  8: http://www.univention.de/

>From the 19th to the 20th of March, Debian will again be present at the
Chemnitzer Linux-Tage [9] in Chemnitz, Germany with a booth. There will
also be some Debian related presentations, but the final programm hasn't
been announced, yet.

  9: http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2011/

The Debian Project invites all interested persons to said events, ask
questions, take a look at Debian 6.0 "Squeeze", exchange
GPG-Fingerprints to boost the Web of trust and get to know the members
and the community behind the Debian Project.

About Debian
------------

The Debian Project was founded in 1993 by Ian Murdock to be a truly free
community project. Since then the project has grown to be one of the
largest and most influential open source projects.  Over three thousand
volunteers from all over the world work together to create and maintain
Debian software. Translated into 70 languages, and supporting a huge
range of computer types, Debian calls itself the "universal operating
system".

Contact Information

For further information, please visit the Debian web pages at
http://www.debian.org/ or send mail to <press@debian.org>.