Re: Adam Borowski: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 11:03:04AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 10:56:41AM -0000, Adam Borowski (via nm.debian.org) wrote:
> >For nm.debian.org, at 2024-01-21:
> >I would like to reapply to change my status in Debian
> >back to Debian Developer, uploading.
> >
> >   ..., and would like to continue the battle to dethrone gregoa
> >from the #1 all-time spot
>
> Oh hell no. I really don't think we need or want him back, given
> history here.

FWIW:  I would like[1] to have a better[2] Adam back.

I assume that "battle" and "dethrone" where sends a joke,
but want to have that expressed expliciet. Or want other text
in the motivation on why returning to previous status[3].

Groeten
Geert Stappers

[1] 'would like' to be read as important requirement.
[2] Being aware of impact of his actions
    on the project we, Debian, care about.
[3] In trust is NO  "previous status"

--
Silence is hard to parse