Re: Kartik Kulkarni: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.

On 23 Jul, 2022 Kartik Kulkarni wrote:
> I have been involved in the Debian project for a while now and I had not required a full account for the rare uploads I do and for which I could ask for sponsorship. But after having a few discussions at Debconf, I realised that being a DD doesn't just have the benefits of having the upload rights but having the rights to give their opinions and vote for what goes on in the Debian project, for example the general resolutions. I think after being a volunteer for a while, I now want to be a fully fledged [...]

With all due respect -

Then in such a case you should likely apply for a non-uploading one. You will gain the ability
to vote in GRs and voice your opinion. At the same time, DD-NU also have the same right as DMs, so you
would still be in a position to upload your stuff.
And when you feel that you have done more packaging work, and would like to do more uploads, you can always
apply for uploading one.

Being an uploading DD also means (among other things that you wrote) that they should be able to have unrestricted
access to upload. As for you, as far as I can see your last upload was on Sep 02, 2020 which is ~2 years from
now, and also shortly after you became a DM, and I don't see any uploads post that. So I somehow am confused with the said
status change req.

Let me know if you think otherwise.

--
Best,