Re: Mathieu Mirmont: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 02:41:21PM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 07:57:55AM -0000, Mathieu Mirmont (via nm.debian.org) wrote:
> > I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian
> > Developer, uploading. I have enjoyed maintaining [3 packages]
>
> Thanks for applying.
>
> However, I notice that whilst you have been contributing to those 3
> packages for more than 2 years, you are not a DM.  Could I enquire as to
> why you are explicitly applying for DD and not DM?  Nowadays is
> considered unusual to apply for DD without being a DM, unless there is
> either a quite strong applicant, or the applicant has specific plans
> that require being a DD, or so.

Hey, thanks for looking into my application. I wasn't too sure what to
apply for TBH, I wasn't sure is DM was a typical step before DD or the
statement of a different intention. One of my sponsors suggested that
I apply for DD.

My prime motivation to apply for DD/DM is to not have to bother people
to upload new versions of the packages that I maintain. DM would be
totally fine.

> Furthermore, I notice that your GPG key has no signatures: remember that
> you'll need 2 for DD, but only one for DM (signatures or endorsements).

Yes I will ask my sponsors if they would consider signing my key. It
is a bit difficult with the ongoing pandemic to meet and sign keys in
person. I have been signing all my emails and my packages with this
key so there is some history recorded within Debian, I am hoping that
this can be a sufficient proof for the time being. Do you maybe have
suggestions?

Cheers,

--
Mathieu Mirmont <mat@parad0x.org>