Christian Ehrhardt: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, uploading.
I have worked on:
- - co-maintaining DPDK (from the initial ITP to it's today's well integrated form)
- - maintained mdevctl which is a small helper in the KVM/libvirt space
- - I've filed many bugs, helped to drive them to a conclusion and since the
dawn of salsa have used that a lot as well to contribute to Debian packages.
I'd like to:
- - Be part of the voting community; After being around so long and working with
so many people it feels wrong to always only wait on the outside for a result.
While I'm certainly not the person that has an opinion to everything, I can
easily decide which option I prefer.
- - NMU uploads; When clearing broken packages for Ubuntu mostly I'll end up
fixing it in Debian via salsa-MR or filing a bug with a fix (or if unknown
at least documenting the case). In some - gladly rare - cases maintainers
can't help "in time and in those cases I think I could help a bit better if
able to do NMUs.
- - Porterbox access - TBH I mostly work on Ubuntu and therefore have plenty of
access to the architectures supported by Ubuntu. But sometimes and issue
is only present at a Debian-arch that isn't in Ubuntu. In that case being
able to use a Porterbox (and fix it myself) is better than just throwing
a case to the porters.
Submitted via nm.debian.org on 20th April 2021
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Christian Ehrhardt (via nm.debian.org)
For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/895/