Re: Daniel Swarbrick: Declaration of intent to become a DD, upl.

Hi Mattia,

You might recall that I applied earlier this year and my application seemed to fall through the cracks. I was too busy to chase up or re-apply until now.

I will take care of getting the signatures on my key. I don't usually hang out at key-signing parties ;-)

The reason that I am applying as a DD is that it is effectively what I have been doing for the last two years, under the expert tutoring of bdrung, with whom I work. He doesn't always have time to sponsor my uploads, and feels that I am ready to take that next step myself. Right now I am busily updating a bunch of Prometheus packages with tina and kanashiro, and the only handicap is that I am able to do all the work except for upload packages.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 9:35 PM Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:14:01PM -0000, Daniel Swarbrick wrote:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, uploading.
> I have worked on various Prometheus and Go packages for about the last two years, and I would like
> to be able to upload my package updates & enhancements without needing a sponsor each time.

There are a few problems with your application:

 * Your GPG key doesn't have any signature at all (but we require 2 DD
   signatures for prospective DDs)
 * You are not a DM yet.

Thought the DM bit is not a requirement, it's nowadays at the very least
unusual for a non-DM to apply to become DD, and we at least would like
some kind of explenation as to way you wouldn't apply for DM first
(keeping in mind that it would still require at least 1 DD signature on
your GPG key…).

In fact, looking at your upload history, it feels like would it would
more useful to you as of now would be being a DM, rather than starting
the whole DD process.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

--
Daniel Swarbrick

GAPS (IONOS Cloud)

1&1 IONOS SE | Greifswalder Str. 207 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
E-mail: daniel.swarbrick@cloud.ionos.com | Web: www.ionos.de

Hauptsitz Montabaur, Amtsgericht Montabaur, HRB 24498

Vorstand: Dr. Christian Böing, Hüseyin Dogan, Dr. Martin Endreß, Hans-Henning Kettler, Matthias Steinberg, Arthur Mai, Achim Weiß
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Markus Kadelke

Member of United Internet

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder gesetzlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemäßen Adressaten ist untersagt, diese E-Mail zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that saving, distribution or use of the content of this e-mail in any way is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail.