Nicholas D Steeves: Declaration of intent
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Fri 01 May 2020 04:11:20 PM EDT
I hereby submit my application for DM to "DD, uploading" status.
After four years of Debian contributions, and three years as DM, I
believe it is clear that my continuing involvement is long-term. A
brief résumé of my activities post-DM application are:
1. Increased involvement in our Emacsen Team.
* Including mentoring new members and sponsoring their work.
2. Joining the DPMT and PAPT, less involvement than planned with the
Multimedia Team. Slow progress with the QT/KDE Team, slow
progress with the Boot/Installer team. Slow progress with my
plans for better btrfs integration.
4. Increased familiarity and experience with package orphaning,
adoption, NMUs, and salvaging.
5. Experience with coping with the massive volumes of email and
ever-expanding TODO list; notmuch and org-mode have proven
invaluable to this end.
6. A record of healthy and positive interactions with upstream
projects, and with the general Debian community outside of the
teams that I am part of; this includes a variety of participation
on the BTS, and various mailing lists.
7. Gained a solid understanding about the relation between technical
decisions and Policy, consensus, the diversity of opinions in how
packaging is done, et al...and about how all this is related to
the discussions on -devel, the sponsorship process, how the
accumulation of decisions informs Policy, and much more.
8. Remained optimistic about the project, its ideals, and the
realisation of these ideals, despite a lot of political and
social ugliness in the last year.
9. Learned how to write more concisely.
In addition to being able to vote in GRs and for the next DPL, I now
also look forward to increased involvement with new contributors and
the mentorship process. This will require the development of more
effective teaching strategies, and I am inspired to meet these
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Nicholas D Steeves (via nm.debian.org)
For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/745/