Re: Jonathan Bustillos: Declaration of intent

Jonathan Bustillos dijo [Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 11:08:09PM -0000]:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer,
> non-uploading. I am using Debian since 2008 and I have helped in some
> teams like the Spanish Localization Team doing po.debconf templates
> translations since 2011. At the DebConfs I have attended since 2012
> (...)

FWIW, I pushed Jonathan to take this step and ask for an official
status recognition in Debian. Jonathan is a very motivated person, and
can present things in a very motivating fashion. I have attended
several activities where he has been among the organizers or
instigators, and he is always warm, welcoming and enthusiast.

He has contributed several debconf templates translations to Spanish.

Although I have witnessed he is technically knowledgeable, he is not
yet requesting to become an uploading DD - I know this will come in
due time...

He has been shy to step forward and get more directly involved in
teams, but I trust he will do so; he has participated in several
aspects of DebConf organization and running (mostly in the video team,
but also on the catering team at DC17), and is a keen volunteer.

I am sure Jonathan will increase his involvement in Debian, and
knowing him, I am also sure this will enable him to further inspire
other people to join the project.