Re: Intent

Greetings,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 11:57:09AM +0000, other.arkitech wrote:
Dear debian,

I have strong intention to become developer at debian.
I am senior c++ dev, and have worked with debian OS for more than 10 years, free software advocate and ethical hacktivist.

I am open to be guided through a process if anyone provides with guidance and tasks for my application.

In general, people start by working on software they would like to be in Debian
or on software that is already in Debian but that needs some love.

I would suggest looking for some software in Debian that needs a maintainer
at this page:
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Then read about Debian packaging at this page:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

Ultimate Debian technical document: the policy, at:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPolicy

These are pretty dense reads. If you still feel like doing some packaging work,
then subscribe to the Debian Mentors list.

General overview of "How can I help Debian?": https://www.debian.org/intro/help

I hope to see you contributing to Debian!

Regards,
Filippo

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Filippo Rusconi, PhD