Dylan Aïssi: Application Manager report

For nm.debian.org (2018-09-14):

Dylan Aïssi <bob.dybian@gmail.com>[1] and me walked together through his
New Member process. We exchanged quite some mails and did both P&P and
T&S. Dylan showed a good understanding of the Debian ecosystem, decent
belief in the F/LOSS idea and he definitely has the required technical
skills to become a full member of Debian. He already maintains quite a
lot of Debian packages and his contributions go back till 2014.

It's my opinion as his AM, that Dylan Aïssi <bob.dybian@gmail.com> can
and should indeed be a Debian Developer, uploading right now.

[1] GnuPG Fingerprint: 9A3C 07BD 06DE 2F41 6E81  3A5D 612E F161 3E05 0F54

A shortened version of Dylan's biography

I'm a French bioinformatician guy living in Hamburg since last October.

I started to use Debian for my daily work when I began my PhD in 2012
because my lab gave me a computer with a proprietary OS close to its
EOL. As a bioinformatician, it is an evidence to use a GNU/Linux OS
because almost all software are designed for our OS.

Moreover free software are very important in research because for
experiments we need to control all parameters which is not possible
with a black box.

[...] I started to participate to Debian Med and Debian R team, to be
able to contribute and provide new tools to the labs which use Debian.
Since this date, I increase the number of maintained packages for the
Debian Med project and recently, I joined the new Debian R Packages
team.

Now, why I like the free software philosophy. I think the humanity has
a countdown (limited earth resources and so on) and it is completely
useless with a loss of time and resources to reinvent the wheel each
time. So, we should be able to modify and adapt our current tools to go
further.
To do this we need to have liberty to run, to study, to distribute and
to modify our tools not only software but any tools. No arbitrary
barrier should prevent someone to use the humanity knowledge this is
why free software philosophy is important.

- ---

Cheers,
 jonas (mejo@debian.org)

Jonas Meurer (via nm.debian.org)