Re: Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Roland Fehrenbacher

Somehow there is some harmony lacking between Thunderbird and
myself. Here again, hoping of line breaks to now have happened
and hopefully also a functional signature.

Sorry for the noise.

Steffen

On 29.07.17 16:04, Steffen Möller wrote:

Hello,

On 28.07.17 00:32, Thomas Goirand via nm wrote:
> Hello,

> I recommend to accept Roland Fehrenbacher as a new Debian Developer,
> uploading. The account name is rfehren.

>   * Applicant background

> Roland is a theoretical physicist who switched fields to IT after two
postdocs.

> Roland has been using Debian exclusively as a work environment since
1995. After pushing Debian-based multi-screen workstations in the
trading rooms one of the largest German banks, Roland founded Q-Leap,
a company implementing, supporting and operating Debian-based HPC
clusters in 2002.

> His inception to Debian contribution was through the DebianMed team,
where he started giving back to the community that helped him. He's
interested in promoting Debian as a viable HPC platform, by introducing
packages of interest in cluster environments to the distribution.
By all means, yes, please, much seconded!

I am confident that I already advocated/publicly praised Roland when he
entered the DM process. Just a couple of days ago when I found him on
the changelog of the singularity package, which I consider essential for
Debian in HPC environments and thus for scientific computing in general,
I felt again much confirmed. Roland is good for us. He was good for us
when we first met in person a few years ago and he still is. Please
allow him to be even better for us and accept him as a DD.

Steffen