Re: Dominik George: Declaration of intent

Hi,

sorry for the delay in writing this…!

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 06:54:13PM -0000, Dominik George wrote:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, uploading.

yay, this is pretty good news for Debian and for Debian Edu and probably a
bunch of others! :-)

I've met Dominik the first time for "real" (*) at the Debian Edu gathering
in Oslo in December 2016 where I could see him working & discussing and also
learned a few things he does outside Debian, which also involves computers,
kids & schools.

(*) we've briefly bumped into each other before and said hi or so :)
    http://layer-acht.org/thinking/blog/20161221-debian-edu-sprint-in-oslo/
    shows him wearing a DebConf15 t-shirt, so you might met him too ;)

Not related to Debian, but very much showing his dedications,
is that he is involved in another project with kids + young adults, which
in the last years brought 20-30 young adults to the chaos communication congress:
https://www.teckids.org/hacknfun_2016_xmas.htm

The technical discussions we had in Oslo, plus the ones I've seen on IRC,
plus the questions he had and the attitudes he showed make me believe that
Dominik will be a great DD and contributor to our project and beyond!

I cannot fully vouch for him technically, as we work on different areas in
Debian Edu and I've only reviewed bits of his work, but I'm confident he'll
manage NM well! So I'm much looking forward to him becoming a DD!

--
cheers,
	Holger