Re: Roger Shimizu: Advocate

Le Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 11:26:48PM -0000, Ben Hutchings a écrit :

> I support Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com>'s request to become
> Debian Developer, uploading.  I have worked with Roger Shimizu from
> time to time on the linux and initramfs-tools packages since August
> 2015.  He has made various changes to improve and extend Debian's
> hardware support, and his work has been of a generally high standard.
>
> I believe Roger Shimizu can be trusted to be a full member of Debian,
> and have unsupervised, unrestricted upload rights, right now.

This is great news!

I would like to add that Roger is an active member of the Tokyo Debian
study group (<https://tokyodebian.alioth.debian.org/>) and that it is a
real pleasure to meet him at these events.  Giving him upload rights
will surely increase our possibilities to sponsor contributions from
other members of the study group.

And for the anectode, thanks to his guidance, I can finally use caff
from my laptop :) <https://wiki.debian.org/caff/msmtp>

Cheers,

Charles

--