Re: Dominik George: Declaration of intent

Hi Dominik,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 11:37:31PM -0000, Dominik George wrote:
> I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian
> Maintainer, with guest account.
>
> I have worked on really a lot of things for a while and I would like to
> be able to test builds for armhf and arm64 on porterboxes, as I am now a
> member of the Raspberry Pi packaging team.

while I won't formally advocate you for DM (because I haven't reviewed much of
your packaging work) I would like to say that I'm very happy seeing you're
getting more involved in Debian!

I've only met Dominik once, at an Debian-Edu sprint in Oslo (see
http://layer-acht.org/thinking/blog/20161221-debian-edu-sprint-in-oslo/ ) and
I do remember I liked his attitude, intentions and working style.

(Actually I've also seen him at FOSDEM 2017 but he didnt see me :)

That said, I've also vaguely followed his work on the remote desktop packages
he's (team-)maintaining, as he is maintaining these as part of Debian-Edu pkg
team and from what I've seen there he is also doing a good job there!

Last and definitly not least I also know that Dominik is very much involved
in making stuff like https://www.teckids.org/hacknfun_2016_xmas.htm happen,
so I wholeheartly support him getting more involved in Debian!

Enjoy your journey(s) and *thank you* for all your nice contributions, Dominik!

--
cheers,
	Holger