Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Ben Finney

Hello,

I recommend to accept Ben Finney as a new Debian Developer, uploading.
The account name is bignose.

 * Applicant background

Thank you for reading my application!

I have been working in the Debian project since the early 2000s, and
currently maintain several packages
<https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=ben%2Bdebian@benfinney.id.au&comaint=yes>.

My earlier application for Debian Developer (pre-dating my current
GnuPG key!) was rejected. This was primarily because I had not
developed a significant relationship with any one mentor, so my
advocates did not have any long relationship with me.

I have addressed that in the years since, by working continuously with
the Debian policy team, the Debian Python teams, and as a mentor
myself for newer maintainers.

communication style at the time. I have improved my style in the past
decade of work with the Debian project to be more collaborative and
respectful. Working with other (non-software) communities has also
educated me greatly in how to compassionately work together with
diverse groups.

My application now is prompted primarily by Barry Warsaw
<barry@debian.org> with whom I have enjoyed working to improve many
Python packages in Debian.

I look forward to continuing to improve free software and Debian.
Thank you for considering my application.

Regards,

Jonathan Wiltshire