Re: DM application of Jens Reyer

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 02:23:46 +0100, Jens Reyer <jre.winesim@gmail.com> wrote:
> <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I co-maintain the packages wine and wine-development
> (contributing to the main packaging and doing backports of them
> including the build-deps khronos-api and unicode-data).

This is long overdue: I heartily endorse Jens' application to become a Debian
Maintainer. He has prepared the last few releases of the various Wine
packages on his own, and has taken care of the backports for longer still.
(I just rubber-stamp all this by sponsoring the uploads, the packaging never
needs re-touching.) He also involves upstream where necessary, better than I
ever have with Wine. None of this is easy packaging work, it takes a lot of
time and effort (and tests). Jens also actively responds to bug reports.

The Wine project is certainly better off with Jens involved!

> My GnuPG key 4096R/0x79C43E620B039B358826 is signed by the Debian
> Developers:
[Snipped long list of DDs.]

That's also an indication of how involved Jens is with the Debian community.

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.

So do I!

Sorry for the delay,

Stephen