Advocacy for Bradley M. Kuhn

Hello,

I advocate Bradley M. Kuhn to become Debian Developer, non-uploading.

The current status of Bradley M. Kuhn is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

I met Bradley when I visited FSF in 2003, at first.  He has been working for Free Software, especially for licensing.  For example, I think that the improvement of GPLv3 from GPLv2 which removed the sample text by "Ty Coon" was due to him.  He helped Debian for licensing, too.

He is very good and careful for the process of key signing.  He has his own quiz when he gives a paper slip of his key fingerprint.   His key (A2F4 F196 6D9E 35C6 73EC  30D5 B6F1 D83E 9ACD 9EBB) in public key servers is currently only signed by Werner Koch, the GnuPG developer.  It doesn't mean that the key has not been verified by others, but he takes enough steps for his key getting signed.  (I got his paper slip in person when I met him at Debconf15 in Germany.  I verified his key by sending encrypted mail to him and by confirming in person in Boston later.)

He deserves to be a voting member of the Debian project.

NIIBE Yutaka (via nm.debian.org)