Advocacy for Christopher Stuart Hoskin

Hello,

I advocate Christopher Stuart Hoskin to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of Christopher Stuart Hoskin is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

I've been working with Christopher closely in the Debian Perl Group since about a year. He has packaged and updated at least 28 packages, and I've reviewed and uploaded most or all of them.

>From the beginning, I was very impressed by the high quality of his work. The packages he prepared were almost flawless even at the beginning, and he quickly ironed out minor wrinkles. After the first couple of uploads I can't remember any comments I could have made, on the contrary I was sometimes surprised by his elegant solutions for some non-trivial aspects (complicated autopkgtest setups).

As Christopher cares about doing things right and is a quick learner in my experience, I'm sure he will also be a win for other areas of Debian he's planning to work on.

Besides his technical skills, Christopher is also a pleasure to work with, and I enjoyed our dialog about his future plans in Debian over the last weeks, which lead to his application and my advocacy.

As I think that Christopher has both the technical and social skills to be an uploading DD, I hereby advocate him.

[Usual disclaimer: We don't use the DM concept in the Debian Perl Group, and Christopher has gained enough experience by working in the team.]

Gregor Herrmann (via nm.debian.org)