Re: DM application of Christopher Knadle

On Mon, 18 May 2015 12:01:27 -0400, Chris Knadle wrote:

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.  Furthermore I
> have read and reviewed the Debian Code of Conduct and agree with that as
> well.
>
> I currently maintain the mumble package, and have helped convert a few
> other packages to use dh in their debian/rules.
>
> My GPG key 0x1E759A726A9FDD74 has been signed by a number of Debian
> developers.

I support Chris' application as a Debian Maintainer.

I've worked together with Chris on the mumble package and sponsored a
few uploads. We've also discussed other packages (which are not yet in
the archive) and various Debian related questions, both via e-mail
and in-person at last DebConf.

Chris has always shown a great love to detail, technical correctness,
and diligence in his work. He goes to great lengths to analyze
problems and to test potential solutions (in the case of mumble often
in all kinds of combinations between different server/client
versions), and to improve his knowledge about Debian "quirks".

In his communication with others, e.g. bug reporters, he's always
very helpful, polite, and patient.

I belive that Chris has the necessary technical and social skills to
become a Debian Maintainer.

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/