Report for 'Debian Developer, non-uploading' applicant Alexandre Delanoë

Hello,

I recommend to accept Alexandre Delanoë as a new Debian Developer, non-uploading.
The account name is anoe.

 * Applicant background

Dear Debian Developers,
My name is Alexandre Delanoë (anoe on IRC). I am a 35 years old
social data scientist living in Europa/France and current secretary
of Debian France Trusted Organization. Given my involvement in Debian
since 2004 and the responsibilities I have been carrying out in
Debian France since 2013, I hereby ask to join officially the Debian
Community as a non-uploading Debian Developer.

 In 2004 year, I discovered Debian GNU/Linux during my PhD in
sociology thanks to a computer programmer I met in a research
department. I successfully installed Debian by myself, even if I was
not keen on computer programming initially. I have never changed the
distribution since this day. I played first with unstable and got a
sensitive heart attack after a litteral "kernel panic". I came back
to stable to learn and I now use Debian testing as my main Desktop
OS. Convinced by the Social Contract (and DSFS) Guidelines I try to
practice it every day (According to vrms package on my desktop/working
station, I have only one (0.0%) non-free package).

 Then I started as a non programming user and learned Debian
through its technical aspects. I have been really interested with its
organization. First, I worked during my PhD on the controversy of
Digital Right Managements issue. Then I also discovered the
soul of the mailing lists, your teams/organization and the strength
of the Social Contract to build a universal project. Every second,
Debian proves that with passion, the right job can be done.

 After several years of learning with Debian, I have decided it was
time to give back to the Debian Project. First I analyzed the mailing
list archives in order to learn History of Debian. I started to focus
on the structures of the threads in the lists to produce a troll index
that can be useful to indicate the quality of a mailing-list [1]. But
my main involvement deals with Debian France [2].

[1] Mini DebConf Paris 2012 talk:
http://fr2012.mini.debconf.org/slides/socio-meter-for-debian.pdf
[2] http://france.debian.net (Current president Raphaël Hertzog)

 Indeed, with Sylvestre Ledru, we organized the Mini DebConf 2013
in Paris. I managed to produce some Debian Goodies. I organized the
Debian France Logo Challenge with a mixed software/manual application
to use the Condorcet vote ; solution which is different than the
actual devotee (in Perl) or rubyvote (in ruby) since it is a solution
in Python, language I feel clear enough to understand what it counts.

 As secretary of Debian France which is a Debian Trusted Organization
now, my main activities are:
- writing decisions report
- developing solutions for voting
- helping to activate (logo pool, membership key concept..)

 Debian influenced my works and my life in a surprising and
unpredicted way, especially during the DebConf13. I was not able to be
with you for the DebConf14 but I really expect to be present for the
next one.

 My projects are: 1) In Short term: keep on supporting Debian
France Trusted Organization 2) In middle term: keep on working on
Debian statistics, providing tools/packages for it (can help Debian
Teammetrics or Debian Press). 3) In the long term: developing (in
bash/python/haskell in continuation as today).

 As last, by becoming a Debian Developer I will promote as much as
I can the values in the Social Contract that I already embrace:

 "To learn to write, one must learn to read and to learn reading one
must (be able to) open the book." It is the same for the code but
coding is to computing what writing is to reading. Debian is universal
in that it is a pedagogical project with universal values.

Thank you for your interest in my candidacy.

Alexandre Delanoë (anoe)

Regards,

Francesca Ciceri