Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Gianfranco Costamagna

Hello,

I recommend to accept Gianfranco Costamagna as a new Debian Developer, uploading.
The account name is locutusofborg.

 * Applicant background

I was born in 1988 in Savigliano, a little town in north-west Italy.
I started using Linux with Knoppix (3.4 IIRC), because of the livecd features, playing with it at school and  home, and I started loving it at the same time :)

My first installed OS has been Ubuntu, because of the live cd and the "shipit" feature, and I'm still currently using it.
With my M.Sc. Eng. I took the possibility to start seriously working with Linux, and I started sending patches (privately) to developers.
My Sebian contribution started because I would like to see my effort in bug fixing spread to all the derivative distros (I also send relevant patches upstream). I would like one day to switch to Debian only (Ubuntu is still the family primary OS), because since the last 2 years I'm almost only contributing there.

I started contributing with boinc\* packages (thanks to <moeller> who
trusted and kindly asked me to join the DM process, helping me in my first steps), after I started looking to docbook2x (for some time it has been broken in unstable), and I moved also to ettercap (becoming upstream developer some years ago).
My great challenge has been hedgewars, a "potpourri" of various languages (haskell, c++, qt, pascal, sdl and so on), that improved my skills in packaging and showed me the cmake powers (also gave me the possibility to contribute a little in the ghc packaging).
I packaged libsdl2-gfx, my first NEW upload in early 2014, and after it I learnt how libraries work in Debian and gave my little help in some transitions (I also successfully completed some).
Some contributions I made were for sdlgfx, for nifti2dicom, tomcat7, virtualbox{,\*}, insighttoolkit/insighttoolkit4, vtk, gccxml, filezilla, eject (little patch testing), wapiti (adopted the package), binwalk (adopted the package), poedit, wxwidgets3.0 (I introduced the new webview sub-package, needed for boinc), lucene++ (packaged from the Ubuntu one, needed in new poedit), python-pyqtgraph (I packaged it from scratch, needed for the new binwalk release), flex, qviaggiatreno, sqlmap, cld2, libserial, ...
I also packaged casablanca, because needed for the upcoming poedit releases.
I also helped in ~5 transitions with patches and uploads (with great help from my sponsors).
the list of the packages I mostly contribute can be seen here
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it
I would like to continue my learning process, as well as my contributions, to help fixing RC bugs and improve the packages quality on the archive.
My current workplace is a startup company with focus on embedded systems for automotive (we ship a custom yocto-based linux distro)
I'm also a penetration tester (VA-PT), and collaborator of backbox linux (repository maintainer).

Regards,

Phil Brooke